Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Gouldian Finches





I bought this breeding pair last May 2010 from a friend here in Cebu.
This pair cost me 4,500 pesos. They've their first clutch last September 2010, but they failed to incubate it so I fostered it to my zebra breeding pair. Lately I've known that Zebra Finch is not that good in fostering Gouldian Finch (well not all). So after the chicks hatched they didn't continue feeding it so it dies and Ants attacked their nest. This January 2011, I've asked Sir Mattysixtyfour (member of istorya.net) give me actual tips on how to produce Gouldian Finch Successfully and also I made a swapping of birds with him to acquire 2 society breeding pair. After Fostering their second clutch to society finch I let them incubate their own eggs of their third clutch, so far it hatched to 2 healthy chicks last March 5, 2011.

So here's my Gouldian finch pair with their second clutch fostered to a society finch.


Yellow back and Green Back Gouldian Finch
YBWBYH cock  x  GBPBRH hen


Here's the picture of their 4 chicks being fostered to Society Finch.
Gouldian Finch Chicks (1 day old)
Gouldian finch Chicks ( 3 yellow back - 5 days old)
At this age their eyes begins to open a bit.

Gouldian Finch Chicks with Society Finch Foster parent ( 11 days old)
Feathers begins to show.
Gouldian Finch Chicks (20 days old)
3 Yellow back and possible blue back or split to blue back



Here's their video @ 20 days.

Gouldian Finch Chicks (22 days old)
3 Yellow back and possible blue back or split to blue back

                                                             Here's their video @ 22 days.


Gouldian Finch Chicks (23 days old)
3 Yellow back and possible blue back or split to blue back

Gouldian Finch Chicks (24 days old). 1 greenback and 1 yellowback knows how to get out from the nest.
Gouldian Finch Chicks (27 days old)
Gouldian Finch Chicks (27 days old) Yellow back
Gouldian Finch Chicks (27 days old) Green back.
Gouldian Finch Chicks (29 days old) 1 Green back and 3 Yellow back.
Gouldian Finch Chicks (29 days old) 1 Green back and 3 Yellow back.

                                                    Here's their video @ 30 days, fledging stage.

Gouldian Finch 35 days old, 2 yellowback.

Gouldian Finch 35 days old, 1 yellowback and 1 greenback.

Gouldian Finch, 35 days old. 3 yellowback.


First Molt, 78 days old

93 days old, gouldian finches
    
I can't wait to see their colors after they molt.

I will continue updating this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment